Out of Balance with Water
The global water cycle is spiralling out of balance, with climate change aggravating torrential rains and intense droughts. The assumption that water supplies are stable, predictable and manageable is no longer true.
What are the most urgent levers to realize the potential of water as a catalyst and enabler for the Sustainable Development Goals?
Speakers and Panelists
- Tharman Shanmugaratnam, President of Singapore, Office of the President of Singapore
- Professor Mariana Mazzucato, University College London, Professor in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value at University College London (UCL) and Co-Chair of the Global Commission on the Economics of Water
- Joyeeta Gupta, Professor of Environment and Development in the Global South, University of Amsterdam and Commissioner of the Global Commission on the Economics of Water
- Ulrik Gernow, Executive Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer, Grundfos A/S
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra,
- Kirsten Schuijt, Director-General, WWF International
An experienced and passionate advocate for the water cause, Ovink will oversee the Commission’s work towards the launch of the group’s final report.
Renowned environmentalists Ma Jun and Elizabeth Wathuti appointed to Global Commission on the Economics of Water
Distinguished environmental advocates Ma Jun (China) and Elizabeth Wathuti (Kenya) have been appointed this month to the Global Commission on the Economics of Water.