Fourth in-person meeting of the GCEW
The Global Commission on the Economics of Water held its fourth in-person meeting in Geneva from 3-4 July 2023. The meeting was hosted by the World Trade Organization (WTO).
Objectives from the retreat included:
- Take stock of what has been achieved so far and recent developments
- Agree on the process, trajectory and common horizon for GCEW Phase 2
- Finalise scope, work processes and structure of analytical work
- Establish Commission-level teams that can lead the several work streams and list potential partners
- Agree on the deliverables and roadmap for the next phase of work.
An experienced and passionate advocate for the water cause, Ovink will oversee the Commission’s work towards the launch of the group’s final report.
Renowned environmentalists Ma Jun and Elizabeth Wathuti appointed to Global Commission on the Economics of Water
Distinguished environmental advocates Ma Jun (China) and Elizabeth Wathuti (Kenya) have been appointed this month to the Global Commission on the Economics of Water.